Inwicast - upload works, but browser never updates

Inwicast - upload works, but browser never updates

by Paul Landauer -
Number of replies: 3

I've got Inwicast Mediacenter 1.04 installed on Moodle 1.8.  I have both the block and activity module installed.  I followed the instructions in the downloadable pdf at sourceforge to perform the installation.  I recieve no errors. 

When I attempt to upload media, the browser spins and spins on a blank screen.  If I check the moodledata/medias directory, I can see that the media has been uploaded.  Evidently the database is never updated, as I'm unable to see any "Course Video's" on the Media Center screen.  When attempting to add a media activity, no media is available to add.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

paul

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Landauer

Re: Inwicast - upload works, but browser never updates

by Fabrice Mercier -
Hi Paul,

Thank you for your interest in the Mediacenter module.

Please find below some tips that could help to resolve your issue:

- the size of the file you tried to upload may be above the max upload size allowed by your server. You can easily check this by uploading a very small file (ie: mp3 file less than 500kB). Max upload size can be increased in the php.ini file (max_upload_size and max_post_size if I remember well)

- which database server are you using ? mysql is ok but we had some issues with posgres sql and still have to fix them...

- could you please try to set your moodle in debug mode (administration-server-debugging then set "debug messages" list to "NORMAL - Show errors...". Then go back to the Mediacenter where the videos should be displayed and see what happens. Please let us know if an error message appears.

Regards,

Fabrice / Inwicast
dev (AT) inwicast.com
In reply to Fabrice Mercier

Re: Inwicast - upload works, but browser never updates

by Paul Landauer -
The files I'm working with right now are <400k
We're using mysql on windows 2003 server.
I do have debug messages set to NORMAL - Show errors. Have not seen any errors yet.