need a help about setting up roles

need a help about setting up roles

by Sidd Lep -
Number of replies: 3
Hello! I'm using moodle 1.9 and i created three categories of course. Every category has few courses, and every course has its own students and teachers. My problem is, when student or teacher from category A sign in moodle, he can see list of all categories and courses. I'd like to set up user roles, on that way, that, teachers and students on the fronpage only can see list of categories and list of courses, where they are enroled. Any suggestion or help? Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sidd Lep

Re: need a help about setting up roles

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. Go to Site Admin>Users>Permissions>Assign System Roles and check your students and teachers are not there. If they are, then take them out. They only need to be enrolled in the courses they need. If they are in system wide roles they will be everywhere on your Moodle.
In reply to Mary Cooch

Odgovor: Re: need a help about setting up roles

by Sidd Lep -
Maybe you didnt't understand me well. I do not want user see the "LIST" of courses, not only to enter into them. For example. User 1 has enroled in course 1. When he log in the site, on the course list, he can only SEE course 1, but, he even doesn't know that others courses exist into the site.
In reply to Sidd Lep

Re: Odgovor: Re: need a help about setting up roles

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
This is controlled under Admin -> Front page -> Front page settings. It is intentional that Moodle only shows logged in user a list of their courses. Perhaps the best you can do is to switch it to show a list of course categories.