Is it possible to Import/export lessons?

Is it possible to Import/export lessons?

by Dr S Bhatia -
Number of replies: 1
I need to create some lessons in Moodle

Just like i used to write questions in GIFT format and then upload them into my quiz, is it possible to write lessons like that and then later upload them?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dr S Bhatia

Re: Is it possible to Import/export lessons?

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Dr. Bhatia,
You can write GIFT format questions and import them into Lesson. You can do this when you first create the lesson, or in edit mode by inserting one or more files between any page using the import question link.

Do not forget that you can export questions out of question category to a GIFT file, do some editing and then import that file(s) into a Lesson.

What I would like is the ability to import Branch table pages, just as we can with GIFT and other question formats.

And since I want it all, I would like the ability to import or export all lesson pages. Why not use my word processor or spreadsheet to create my lesson, upload it and then tweak it.big grin

It is possible to import just branch pages, but only at the time a Lesson is created. And only through the Import PowerPoint process. As a good working rule of thumb, Import PPT will only work for simple text. This is similar to a GIFT. At least I can not import graphics special fonts with a GIFT file.

Hope this helps.

Chris