Competencies and Time Frames

Competencies and Time Frames

by Kevin Woodyard -
Number of replies: 0
I am Running Moodle 1.8.4+ and we love it. The only thing I can't figure out how to implement, and I have seen several discussions on it, is how to set times frames for Competencies in our training.

Example. we have around 125 employees, and there are say 10 Competencies that they are required to retake every year, another 10 or so they only have to repeat every 3 years. Is there a way to make it so my HR person can track this?

I read a little about 'Outcomes' but am not sure if this is what i am looking for, and I think you have to upgrade to 1.9 to use it. Not sure if I want to tackle that right now smile. I worry about losing all the data we have already entered.

I'm not a big php programmer and don't have a lot of resources, we're a non-profit group.

The way we are doing the training right now is just to set up a course for each individual competency and then the HR people will email each deaprtment and tell them which staff need to take a comp. Then when they do she enters it into her spreadsheet on her PC. If I could find a way to track this a little better it would be great.