Unable to grade essays

Unable to grade essays

by Rev. Randy Hildebrand -
Number of replies: 1
I am using Moodle 1.8.3. A student emailed me that she was finished with the essay questions for a particular lesson, but when I went to grade them, there were none listed under the "Grade Essays" tab. I did find the questions she answered under the "Reports" tab, however. The Gradebook also does not indicate she answered any questions. I'm not sure if I have the settings wrong or what. Please help!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rev. Randy Hildebrand

Re: Essay - student answers but unable to grade

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Rev. Hildebrand,
I am definitely not an expert in 1.8.3, do not use Essay questions on a regular basis and unfortunately did not spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express .smile I am clueless as to why you can see it the student's essay in overview of Reports but not on the Grade Essay tab.

This is a wild guess, but is "practice lesson" set to yes? If it was set to yes, then the Lesson score will not be pushed to Gradebook.

This morning, I was playing around with Essay questions in a new lesson demo I hope will be added to demo.moodle.org (1.9.3). I entered in an answer to my essay question as Student 1, then graded it as teacher. Then I went in as Student 2 and wrote an essay but did not grade it as a Teacher. I backed up the course as Admin and made a point of checking every box. When I restored the backup as a new course, it lost the essay question.

The overview report said the student did not answer the question. This report showed the students answers to other question types. The detailed report told me no student had answered the essay question. I thought this was something to report to tracker.

Sorry I could not be of more help, Best Chris