Novice stuck on nwiki install! help please!

Novice stuck on nwiki install! help please!

by Mark Clarke -
Number of replies: 4
We are using Moodle 1.9.1+ (Build: 20080528)
We have had some problems with our wikis so I thought I would download nwiki and give it a go. I have downloaded nwiki for 1.9 from crom's lair but can't figure our what to do from here,

What wiki am I using anyway?
where do I put the files?

THANKS FROM A NOVICE USER!
Mark
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Clarke

Re: Novice stuck on nwiki install! help please!

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Mark,

You just have to follow this steps:
  1. Delete wiki folder inside mod directory
  2. Unzip NWiki zip inside moodle directory
  3. Go to notifications page at your Moodle and it will be automatically installed
DFWikiTeam, Pigui

In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by Marc Grober -
Pigui,

Don't know about Mark, but I have fiddled with nWiki now for a while and under 1.9.2+ installation blows away all pre-existing wiki pages and any attempt to upgrade is a major disaster. The features that were in nWIki (like templates) appear to have gone byebye and the features that do exist can be very confusing.....

I would compare release of nWiki in some respects to GB.... undoubtedly a great leap into the future, but needing extensive QA and documentation regarding ease of use, installation and upgrade before being deployed.....

Marc
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by Mark Clarke -

Thanks Jordi

The problem was that I hadn’t had anything to do with setting up Moodle on our server so I had no idea what you were talking about!

I have now got myself a host and have got moodle up and running and have unzipped NWiki into the moodle directory. It works but has double brackets around allot of words. Is that something to do with the language files?