My Moodle Site Does Not Load Anymore. Here are the screenshots with regards to my problem.

My Moodle Site Does Not Load Anymore. Here are the screenshots with regards to my problem.

by Sasuke Uchiha -
Number of replies: 9
Warm greetings to all of you, I installed my moodle site yesterday and I browsed and modified the admin settings after wards. Now, 1 day later my moodle site does not load anymore. Any solutions?

Thanks guys and more power..

Heres the screenshot by the way.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sasuke Uchiha

Re: My Moodle Site Does Not Load Anymore. Here are the screenshots with regards to my problem.

by ETH Zürich -
in mysql, run the below query and then refresh (MORE THAN 1 time, and to double check run admin/cron.php) moodle page and print out the error you get here please in order to be able to help you.

UPDATE mdl_config SET value = '38911' WHERE name ='debug' ;
and
UPDATE mdl_config SET value = '1' WHERE name='debugdisplay' ;

In reply to ETH Zürich

Re: My Moodle Site Does Not Load Anymore. Here are the screenshots with regards to my problem.

by Sasuke Uchiha -
Is it safe to post it in here? by the way, I trust you guys..

Affected rows: 1 (Query took 0.0006 sec)

result for

UPDATE mdl_config SET value = '38911' WHERE name ='debug'

and

Affected rows: 0 (Query took 0.0005 sec)

result for

UPDATE mdl_config SET value = '1' WHERE name='debugdisplay'

Fatal error
: Allowed memory size of 10485760 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 19456 bytes) in /home/undercon/public_html/elearning/lib/grade/grade_outcome.php on line 335

and this is the result for the "../admin/cron.php"

thanks guys, I am hoping to solve this problem by doing this, or it would better to reinstall my moodle?

thanks, more power!

by ETH Zürich -
Sasuke, LOL no worries, nothing is critical here smile

That error indicates that moodle needs more memory than PHP was allowed to give it.

Increase PHP's memory limit, either by adding:

* memory_limit = 32M to your php.ini file (recommended, if you have access).. 32 is notmandatory, if yuou have resources you can raise for 64 or so..
* ini_set('memory_limit', '32M'); in config.php
* php_value memory_limit 32M in your .htaccess file in the moodle root

Some hosts allow a PHP.ini in the root of your site.

Depending on the amount of modules you have enabled and their 'impact' on the site you may need to increase the memory_limit even more (sometimes to 30 MB or more). Experiment with what memory value works for your needs.

You may need to restart your server before the php.ini settings take effect.

good luck!
Amr Hourani
In reply to ETH Zürich

by Sasuke Uchiha -
Many Thanks Amr Hourani, I understand now what should I do to solve my problem but there is still some problem, I dont know how to access those configuration files that you are talking about. How can I access those?

And I cant remove my previous moodle installation, there is a message that says "shell execution is not permitted". How can I remove my previous moodle installation?

by ETH Zürich -
do you host at your datacenter or hosting company?

* memory_limit = 32M to your php.ini file (recommended, if you have access).. 32 is notmandatory, if yuou have resources you can raise for 64 or so..

if you are at hosting company with shared hosting, you cant do anything with this smile

* ini_set('memory_limit', '32M'); in config.php
open config.php and put this line: @ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');

OR
* php_value memory_limit 32M in your .htaccess file in the moodle root
create a .htaccess, or use the already created htaccess file, and add this php_value memory_limit 32M
then save the file

Good Luck

Amr Hourani!

In reply to ETH Zürich

by Sasuke Uchiha -
No, I am just paying them to host my moodle site, I am configuring my websites through Cpanel.

Is there any other way to solve this problem using only tools are already available with Cpanel?

by the way, I examined the memory allocation for php and it is only 10MB and there is a message indicating that the server administrator is the one who can modify the "php.ini" file.

At this time, I just want to remove my two moodle installation because it eats up my hosting space. But when I am in the process of preparing the removal an error occurs that says "shell execution is not permitted".

Thanks AMR and more power to you.

by ETH Zürich -
message indicating that the server administrator is the one who can modify the "php.ini" file.
they assume that you are the owner of the server not an admin for the system it is shared hosting and you cant do anything with php.ini..
the only solution is to open yourmoodle/config.php (though am not sure if it will work because hosting company limited it to 10M) and add the line ini_set(...) mentioned above.

good luck

by Just H -
Hi Sasuke

Re: "it is shared hosting and you cant do anything with php.ini"

Not quite, more a case of whether you are allowed to or not smile

Ask your host if you are allowed to use a custom php.ini file and if the answer is yes, use tip 1 under "Using PHP" on this site to modify whatever settings you need if you are running PHP5+. If running PHP4, also use tips 2 and 3.

I used these tips for two and a half years before I got a dedicated server and they worked perfectly.

Regards
H
In reply to Just H

by Sasuke Uchiha -
to Harry Smith and Amr Hourani,

Thank you so much, since that we are experiencing and experienced several technical problem with our hosting company we will switch to the new hosting company and we will ask them to change the limit of our php execution.. thank you very much guys..