Course Total missing Aggregation type drop-down

Re: Course Total missing Aggregation type drop-down

by Blair F. -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I know this is a very old post and most likely you've long forgotten it. However, I wanted to chime in just in case someone else experiences this.

I just experienced this in Moodle 3.0 and discovered that it was caused by an instructor entering a calculation formula for the Course Total.  Once that calculation was removed, the aggregation drop-down menu re-appeared and all was well again with the world! I tested this on other categories, other than just the course total, and the same thing happened.

In reply to Blair F.

Re: Course Total missing Aggregation type drop-down

by Susan Fleming -

Hello Blair

Definitely not to late to post a reply.  I am fairly certain this is the root of a problem encountered in one of our courses, but can't find anything out of the ordinary and the instructor says nothing has been changed recently.  Where might I go to correct this?

The course total column is showing when I look as system admin, but when I log in as the course instructor it disappears.

I can't see anything out of the ordinary in the categories & items; the Course Total settings, Course Grade Settings, or Grader Report Preferences

In the impacted course, there are a couple of Categories which are not calculated in the course total and they have the following values: 

Grade Category > Aggregation = Weighted Mean of Grades; Exclude empty grades is ticked

Category Total > Grade type = Value; Maximum grade = 100; Minimum = 0

If I edit the course header in the grade book, it has the same values

We are at version 2.9.7

Any help would be appreciated.

Susan