reCAPTCHA page and security

reCAPTCHA page and security

by Jennie Lawrence -
Number of replies: 3
I have a question regarding Security of my site - I understand that I can lock or keep people out of site by instituting a few of the internal permissions - but I have also included a reCAPTCHA key into the system and when my site name is broken apart into smaller keywords it produces information like this -

http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1CHMG_enUS291&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=getsmartmoodle

Now the above information that you see in this link is fine; but if you go to the other suggested site link as in the below segmented word of

get smart moodle - this is what I have found ...

http://getsmartmoodle.org/login/signup.php?lang=ca_utf8

Obviously the answer is to lock everything down or people out - but at present people are finding this site and enrolling or looking or inquiring and although it is still being developed I have tried not to panic over the little things -

Is the above normal for reCAPTCHA?

Is there something that I can do to stop this event?

Is this normal to occur? ... am I suppose to redirect this site to my domain?

Thank you for your help and assistance in this matter... or other explanations you can provide at present ...

Jennie
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jennie Lawrence

Re: reCAPTCHA page and security

by ETH Zürich -

Hi Jennie,

Well, I think it is a matter of SEO (search engine optimization), it seems you missed to put keywords in your HTML code in your site, so it finds your moodle site signup always, because your moodle contains a better destiny of words; at least this is what google sees big grin

I Just saw that your html code on your site, and it seems you have to make good keywording for it.

anyway, to get rid of this problem you just add the following tag to getsmartmoodle.org (not your LMS) above your meta description tag and wait for couple of weeks till google bot crewl your site again.

<meta name="keywords" content="GetSmartMoodle, Get Smart Moodle, Smart Moodle, Course Management System, Virtual Learning Environment, social constructionism, constructivism, learning environment, community, education, learning, teaching, ICT, LMS, VLE, CMS, open source, free, elearning, E-Learning" />

and you are totally free to modify any of these words but you just leave the first 3 keywords as they are the most important thing for you from what i understood from your post.

Good Luck

Amr Hourani - Again smile

In reply to ETH Zürich

by Jennie Lawrence -
thanks Amr I have adjusted the header with meta information and hope to be able to see the results in the next few weeks .. thanks Jennie
In reply to Jennie Lawrence

by ETH Zürich -
Hi Jennie,

Please put the above tag, above the description tag, i.e: above
<meta name="description" content="Welcome to GetSmartmoodle.org!.........

Example:
<meta name="description" content="Welcome to GetSmartmoodle.org!........
---
---
---