Login screen

Login screen

by g k -
Number of replies: 11

I am new to Moodle.  I am trying to create a login on my site that would automatically log users into my Moodle site, without going to the original login/index.php screen.  I have been having much difficulty with this. Any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to g k

Re: Login screen

by Marc Dastous -

Are you trying to let everyone into your site as a guest? Or are you trying to put the login form on the main page so visitors can login from there?

In the first scenario, there is a setting in the 1.4 DEV Configuration --> Variables that will allow anyone visiting your site to be logged in as a Guest automatically if they visit a course that allows guest access.

The second scenario does not currently exist.  A block would have to be coded with that information.

Marc

In reply to Marc Dastous

by g k -
I was trying to let users log in to Moodle from the main screen on my page.  This is not possible? Do I understand this correctly?
In reply to g k

by Andrew Sykes -

Yes it is possible to let people login from your main page you can one add a link on your main menu to the login/login.php or you can go into the admin panel and then to to the variables part and set force login to yes if you need more help just e-mail me at andrewsykes@ns.sympatico.ca

Andrew

In reply to g k

by Marc Dastous -

I believe K G's  goal is to have the login form on the main page to avoid going to the login/index.php.  That is not currently possible unless you do the coding yourself.  I would say the easiest way to do this would be to create a new block, but I have not attempted coding it.

Has anyone else included a login on the main page?

Marc

In reply to Marc Dastous

by W Page -
Hello!

Might be a nice block option for the HomePage, but, somebody has got to code it.

I wonder if it would be possible to create a generic block with a GUI that allowed for HTML or even some PHP code to be placed within the block.  Then Admin/Teachers could create some blocks easily for their pages and therefore, customize thier sites more.

WP1
In reply to W Page

by Janne Mikkonen -
Here is a small login block! Use at your own risk!!! Install: just extract under /blocks -directory.

- Janne -
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

by W Page -
Hi Janne,

This is how I installed the block on v1.4 Dev.
moodle/blocks/login_box/block_login_box.php

The problem is I cannot see the block.  Nor is it listed in the block page,
Admin -> Blocks

WP1
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

by W Page -
Hi Janne,

It Works!!

I do not know what happened but when I visited the "Admin" page again after I logging out and installed some files to the forum mod, the Login Block installed along with the forum DB changes.

It is now working and looking great on the site home page. See image below.

WP1

Attachment login_block_01.gif
In reply to W Page

by Sean S -
will this block work with 1.3.3?

or should I wait for the stable release of 1.4?
In reply to Sean S

by W Page -
Hey Linguist!!

I installed it in v1.4 Dev. I was not able to install it in v1.3.3.

This is probably because of the "block" code in v1.4 Dev. It was easy to place on the home page in v1.4 Dev. I got an error "block" code in v1.3.3. I assume you need to do more hacking with that version.

WP1