New Project: Course Image + Course Detail

New Project: Course Image + Course Detail

by W Page -
Number of replies: 5
Hello All!

This is another project I am working on. I am trying to combine this one with a project I just finished. It is a script developed initially by Hammad Khanand originally posted at the following link noted below.
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=6414.

I am trying to combine this code with the code for the "Course Image" so it will look similar to what you see in the image below. Hopefully, it can work along with the new PayPal plugin Martin is working on and subsequently maybe charge cards.

The script allows a user to post more specific information about a course including the cost on the left side of the Course Description.  I hope the business folks find it potentially useful. Still needs some work however and will probably not be ready for v1.4 Final.

Any input appreciated from the community.

WP1
Attachment course_detail_image_01.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to W Page

Re: New Project: Course Image + Course Detail

by N Hansen -
I think it is a very good idea. It makes much more efficient use of space within the block. Just a question that springs to mind, what will happen when it is used with a RTL language, will it flip over to the other side automatically?
In reply to N Hansen

by W Page -
Hi N!

Glad you like the idea, but, I must respond, that, I do not know about the affect of RTL langruage on this script. Hopefully someone with some knowledge about this will be able to respond.

Also, I must say, that , I learn a lot in these forums. I am very new to programming. I had to look up RTL and found out it meant "Right to Left".

While checking this out on "Google" I found a link to just 8 down referring to a discussion in Moodle about RTF and LTR Languages,
Search:
RTL Language
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=RTL+language&btnG=Google+Search

The link referenced in Moodle,
RTL vs LTR language setting - Just curious!
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1395

QUESTION: Martin, can RTL and LTR go into the Glossary so they can autolink to their definitions?

WP1
In reply to W Page

by Timothy Takemoto -

WP
I am not sure what "Course Image" does but i have often thought it a shame that the information that we input into course description is not displayed (optionally) as part of the summary occuring before week one.

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It can be, there is a block called Course Summary that does just this.
In reply to W Page

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Thanks, WP. The enrolment modules actually support displaying of costs already (see test.moodle.com for example), but Hammad's idea of displaying course start times etc would be good as an optional feature.