use of underscore in username

use of underscore in username

by Marc Grober -
Number of replies: 2
I am going around in circles it appears.....

Up to 1.9 I had no problem using underscores in usernames if I uploaded users via the bulk upload. I just discovered however that in Moodle 1.9.2+ Moodle is apparently deleting the underscores. I know there has been some discussion about this but in trying to search I ended up with several thousand prior searches, but no real links......

Was the change the result of some "fix" and if so, how does one unfix it so that usernames can include dots and underscores in 1.9.2+
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Grober

Re: use of underscore in username

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Marc - I'm afraid I may be to blame for this as I submitted an issue in the tracker (MDL-16730)to enforce the same username checks for uploaded usernames as for those manually entered. FYI, periods are allowed but the underscore was not. Interestingly enough however it is marked as unresolved. It could be related to another issue but I'm not sure. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Marc Grober

Re: use of underscore in username

by Stephanie Beckett -
Has this been resolved?  We would like to use the bulk upload to add users that have email addresses as the user name, which includes underscores.  If it hasn't been resolved, what should my next step be to try to get them back in?  Thank you, Stephanie