How do I upload Hot pot Jcloze files in html to my moodle course

Re: How do I upload Hot pot Jcloze files in html to my moodle course

by Gordon Bateson -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Richard,

> I copied from their original source as html files.
> ie by right clicking - viewing page source - and saving as html file

I agree with others that this explanation implies the files were not yours and you had not sought permission to get hold them. If you were the owner you would have the original files, and if you had asked the owner, you would probably have been sent the original files.

Having read your initial post, I too was left wondering whether or not you had obtained permission to use the files, Your message was not explicit in this regard. It seems I was not alone in thinking that maybe you had not observed the rules of netiquette.

However, my mind was put at rest when you stated clearly on another thread, one hour after your original post on this thread, that you had "first obtained the requisite permissions". When I found that out, I added a note to this thread to make it clear to everybody that you had permission.

There was no misunderstanding about your ethics, and that should have been the end of that ...

.. but now you have said some very impolite things in a very public place about someone who has helped and supported many Moodle users and is held in high regard on these forums.

For these reasons, I feel your vitriolic reaction to a message written 8-months ago is unwarranted and excessive. I hope you can find a way to make your contributions to Moodle more positive and supportive.

Gordon
Average of ratings: Useful (3)