upload power point into lession

upload power point into lession

by prasanna venkatraman -
Number of replies: 7

my problem is i created th lession  successfully but i couldn't able to upload that power point file,please provide me good solution

Average of ratings: -
In reply to prasanna venkatraman

Re: upload power point into lession

by Debbie McDonald -
I'm having problems with this also. I have the latest moodle build and I am not able to upload a powerpoint presentation from this screen:

What would you like to do first?
Import questions
Import PowerPoint
Add a Branch Table
Add a Question Page

I keep getting the message: "could not get data"... I've tried saving the document as a .pps and it is still not working.
In reply to Debbie McDonald

by phtar qing -

There is a video about import PowerPoint to moodle.

At the same time, you can do as following steps:
1. Save your PowerPoint presentation As a Web Page.
2. The result should be a htm file and a folder with all of the slides converted to web pages. ZIP THE FOLDER only.
3. Go to your moodle site and add a new lesson.
4. After saving the lesson settings you should see four options under "What would you like to do first?" Click on "Import PowerPoint"
5. Use to the "Browse..." button to find your zip file from step 2. Then click on "Upload this file".
6. If everything worked, the next screen should just display a continue button.

Notes:
1.Complicated presentations with animations, transitions and graphic effects can not be imported correctly. Text presentations with simple graphic images works best.

Alternatively, converting your PowerPoint presentation to Flash with SCORM/AICC compliance and then upload the lesson to Moodle would be a good way. It can keep the animations, transitions of the PowerPoint. There are some PowerPoint to Flash converters could help you, such as Adobe Presenter, Articulate Presenter and Wondershare PPT2Flash Professional.

Hope it helps!

In reply to phtar qing

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Phtar Qing,
Excellent description. Thanks for the alternative tip and the converters.

In general, I suggest adding the Import PowerPoint in MoodleDocs to every answering post on this subject.

If you don't add your very helpful points to that MoodleDoc page, then I will do it later for all of us.

Best Chris
In reply to Chris Collman

by Igor Usakov -
you know, one could stumble upon some difficulties. i've done everything acccording to the lesson, and i don't get the errors when importing, it just doesn't work. the button click event only clears the path text box and nothing else. all of the steps were followed. the rar archive has the folder of the presentations, no transactions and animations, pure presentation, filesize - 3.5 megs, moodle version 1.9.4 (Build: 20090128). so what am i doing wrong and where could i catch the error logs (as a site admin) if any? the standard logs do not show anything unusual.
In reply to Igor Usakov

by Hartmut Scherer -
Hi Igor,

I cannot answer your questions regarding the import of powerpoint files into the lesson module, but I can recommend using Prezi as an alternative. If you are an educator, you will get a free account with 500 MB. These presentation files are very easy to embed in any lesson - and work right from the beginning without any hazzle.

With kind regards,

Hartmut
In reply to Hartmut Scherer

Re: upload power point into lesson

by Lennia Machen -

Prezi is not usable with screen reading software because it uses Flash.  It looks fun and seems to make nice looking presentations, but this won't work for my university class.  The Prezi people say they are working on the problem, but unless they start to provide a caption or transcript area, it will not work because Flash cannot support screen readers.

In reply to phtar qing

by Евгений Мамаев -
Picture of Plugin developers

I zipped folder without main html file but still get error "couldn`t get data" when I try to upload zip file. My presentation is as simple as possible (only text, no images or animation). Moodle version is 1.9.5. I suppose I should just read sourse code to find out the problem but I don`t have time now. Does anyone have a clue?