Questionnaire CVS Submitted field

Questionnaire CVS Submitted field

by Alan vanBiervliet -
Number of replies: 9

How do I convert the Questionnaire CVS Submitted field to a human readable date time?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan vanBiervliet

Re: Questionnaire CVS Submitted field

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Do you mean Questionnaire CSV (comma separated value) ?
Sorry but I do not understand your question. As fas as I can see that field is exported as human readable. Can you be more specific?

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Alan vanBiervliet -

Sorry if I was not vclear. the second column of the Questionnaire CVS file is labeled "Submitted". I was assuming that it refers to a time/date of submission but perhaps i am wrong. Since there already is a column labeled UID (I assume user ID) i thought (Submitted) might be a time stamp. But could anyone tell me what submitted refers to? It For example it included this data. Since the data was sequential i assumed it was time related. Cant anyone provide the key.

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Alan,
I still do not understand what you mean. Are you talking about the Download in text format file which contains the data (responses) from a questionnaire? If so, in current Questionnaire version for moodle 1.9, there is a column entitled Submitted on: which contains a perfectly readable human readable date time, see below. Are you using another language than English? Which version of Moodle and Questionnaire are you using? Can you attach a sample data.txt file exported from one of your questionnaires?
Joseph

Attachment image00.jpg

by Alan vanBiervliet -

Yes your table looks fine. But for some reason my Submitted column (date stamp) is not correct. Attached is a text copy of the CVS file. In fact the title on your spreadsheet is even different. Mine simply says "Submitted" yours is titled "Submitted on:". I am using Moodle onhosted through Moodle Rooms and I see that tmy version is 1.8.2+. Perhaps that is the issue.

Alan

by Joseph Rézeau -
Alan,
You must have a really old version of Questionnaire on your moodle site. Since you are using Moodle 1.8+ you should upgrade to the currently available version of Questionnaire for 1.8. I can assure you that in that version the data shows up exactly as it does on my screenshot (including the column title: Submitted on:).
Joseph

by Alan vanBiervliet -
Thank you. I will make the request of MoodleRooms. Is there a Questionnaire verson number I can suggest they use for Moodle version 1.8.2? But just in case they have difficulty or are really slow in doing this, does anyone know the conversion formula for the a time stamp like this (see below) It is not a date format I am familiar with , but my assumption it is some format, minutes since a certain date or something. Thanks

by Ann Adamcik -
Alan,

If you have admin access, you can go to Site Administration->Modules->Activities and take a look at your version number for the Questionnaire module. We have a 1.8.6 installation, that has Questionnaire version 2007010802. I think that's the most recent one, or close to it.

As for the date format, those are unix timestamps. Here's a handy converter - http://www.glassgiant.com/geek/unix-timestamp/.

Hope that helps!
-Ann
In reply to Ann Adamcik

by Alan vanBiervliet -

Great. Thank you. Just the info I need. The version I have is 2007010801 not far away from your version but far enough I guess. Knowing it is Unix time stamp is just what I need. I knew it was not julian. thank you again.

Alan

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I think perhaps yours is an older version of the questionnaire.

mike