Feedback Long Answer Box Squished in IE7

Feedback Long Answer Box Squished in IE7

by Janet Smith -
Number of replies: 5

It was recently brought to my attention that when using the Feedback module in Internet Explorer 7 the Long Answ
er boxes that are provided for commenting begin as "skinny, long" approx less than 1/2 in. in size. You are still able to type, however, you only can see one letter per line, but then when you click on previous page or next page and then return to the page, the boxes are slightly bigger ize to where you can read everything that you had typed if anything. The same page appears perfectly normal in Firefox.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? Is this a problem with the Feedback module or maybe a problem with the theme we are using? I am attaching a screen shot below.
Attachment Internet_Explorer_7.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Janet Smith

Re: Feedback Long Answer Box Squished in IE7

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Janet,

did you also test it with the standard theme of moodle? Perhaps it is a style problem. I couldn't reproduce it sad.

Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Janet Smith -
Hi,

Thanks for responding Andreas! I've done some further testing and I can't replicate the error in any other feedback instance on any other server other than this one. I tried changing the width of the question in the question setups, but it didn't help. Can you give me some suggestions for other things to check? Could there be something missing from the code? What portion of the code would control this?

Any help would be appreciated. The students aren't too happy with those tiny little fields to fill in!

In reply to Janet Smith

by Janet Smith -
One other idea -this particular feedback course entry existing in 1.84 and was then upgraded to 1.9.2. Could there be something that was added in 1.9.2 for IE7 compatibility that isn't in this survey because it was built in 1.8.4? Is there anything I can check for?
In reply to Janet Smith

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Janet,

you never said whether you had tried Andreas' suggestion:

>did you also test it with the standard theme of moodle?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Janet Smith -
I am sorry I didn't answer that. I was waiting until I got into the office today so I could try it on our test server and figured in the meantime we could brainstorm on other possible causes. The issue does appear to be theme related. It works fine with the standard moodle theme. I will look into the theme and see if I can troubleshoot it from there.

Very sorry for any inconvenience. I do appreciate the help.