Linking sound in a forum - File Browser gone

Linking sound in a forum - File Browser gone

by Matt Riordan -
Number of replies: 4
This morning I went to add a sound file to a forum, and when I clicked on the link button, it brought up just the "Link properties" box (just URL, Title, and Target). It used to bring up the Link properties and a File Browser so you could easily select files that were already uploaded to the course. I was running Moodle 1.3.2, so I updated to 1.3.3+, but it has the same result. Any ideas on what I did to take out the File Browser?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matt Riordan

Re: Linking sound in a forum - File Browser gone

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
That's what students see ... were you logged in as a student?
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Matt Riordan -
No (although I've done that before) - I've tried it as Admin and as the local teacher, and neither one gives a file browser. I even tried the same thing on my test server (running Moodle 1.3.2) and it does the same thing (no file browser).
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Matt Riordan -
Ahhh. Got it. The format was changed. The File Browser comes up when you click on "Browse." Makes sense, it's just a different interface than 1.3.1. Sorry for the confusion. blush
In reply to Matt Riordan

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Yes, it's just meant to make it a lot easier to add a simple link when you already have it on the clipboard (which is usually the case).