Reinstalling Opaque Question Type for use with STACK

Reinstalling Opaque Question Type for use with STACK

by Charles Midwinter -
Number of replies: 2
A few months ago, I installed STACK using the modified opaque question type, and was quite happy with it. Sadly, I was not able to get it running in server mode, which meant that it was rather slow to grade questions when many were submitted at once. I tried to remedy that this week with poor results.

Apparently, when I reinstalled STACK, my opaque engine stopped working properly, even when I entered the new key. My misadventures continued. I ended up reinstalling STACK. I deleted the original engine that had connected me to STACK and created another. The connection was detected. Here, however, is where things get ugly.

When I went in to create a new opaque question, I would get errors saying that the database name of engine id 3 could not be retrieved. This, of course, was the engine that I deleted. I resolved to uninstall the opaque question type and reinstall it, hoping that this would resolve the problem. To that end, I scoured the moodle database using phpMyAdmin and removed all entries and tables pertaining to the opaque question type and deleted it's directory from the myserver/moodle/question/type directory. I also went into moodledata and deleted a directory there that pertained to opaque.

Finally, I tried to reinstall opaque by copying the directory back and navigating to myserver/moodle/admin, but nothing happened. What must I do to reinstall opaque? Are things completely FUBAR now, and if so, what should I do to rectify the situation?

Any guidance would be appreciated.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charles Midwinter

Re: Reinstalling Opaque Question Type for use with STACK

by Charles Midwinter -
Hi again.

I've noticed no one is replying here. Am I on my own with this? Does anyone know how to uninstall and reinstall a question type? I'd appreciate any help, even if it's a link to another thread that could help.
In reply to Charles Midwinter

Re: Reinstalling Opaque Question Type for use with STACK

by Shweta Tiwari -

I scoured the moodle database using phpMyAdmin and removed all entries and tables pertaining to the opaque question type and deleted it's directory from the myserver/moodle/question/type directory. I also went into moodledata\cache and deleted a directory there that pertained to opaque.

Note: delete entries pertained to opaque from mdl_config_plugins and mdl_config_log table.