Individualized glossaries

Individualized glossaries

by Marc Grober -
Number of replies: 2
I anticipated that I could create individual glossaries for students if in no other way by creating a separate group for each student and then creating a separate glossary for each group (which is painful, but I believe the only way to do such things for databases, as opposed to the ability to create via menu individual, group, course, site or category activities) but that option is apparently not available.....

I need this for students to be able to manage their vocabulary and simply setting reviww off does not fully address the need....
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Grober

Re: Individualized glossaries

by Gary Anderson -
Marc:

You could also just set it up as a glossary that requires teacher approval on entries (Approved by default=No). In that case every student could still see their own entries but the teacher would simply not go through the approval process.

You would also want to set Duplicate entries allowed to true.

This has one additional advantage that you could have class wide terms added to the common glossary that could be either teacher or student created.

--Gary
In reply to Gary Anderson

Re: Individualized glossaries

by Maria del Mar Suárez Vilagran -
I have a problem related to this. The thing is that I didn't want students to see each others' entries before I approve them. For that purpose, I set parameters as you suggest (Approved by default = No). Everything was working as expected until one entry was made, I saved some changes (without approving the entry) and the entry was automatically published. Would it be possible for the teacher to make changes and/or comments to entries but the entry remaining hidden until approved?? I'm afraid the answer is 'no'. That's why I thought of a possible solution to this handicap. Maybe it would be useful if the same parameter existing in databases which works like 'x' entries required before seeing the entries already published was also present in glossaries. Just thinking out loud, but could this possibility be taken into account in future versions of Moodle?

Thank you in advance!