Is there a way to delete an online text assignment?

Is there a way to delete an online text assignment?

by Chris Mavrogiorgos -
Number of replies: 6
My question is if it possible to delete a online assignment. I managed to find the db record and delete the assignement from the db but the grade i entered still remained
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Mavrogiorgos

Re: Is there a way to delete an online text assignment?

by Gary Anderson -
Chris:

The normal way to delete any assignment is to "turn editing on", and click the delete icon. This will delete both the assignment and all student submissions as well as the entry in the course_modules table and the event table for the calendar. There will also be entries in the gradebook tables.

You may want to create a new assignment, and then copy that row making a change to get your assignment entry back and then delete it using the Moodle course interface. But be careful.

--Gary
In reply to Gary Anderson

by Chris Mavrogiorgos -
Thanks for the reply Gary. My question was wrong. I want to delete an online assignment submitted by a student and that has been given a grade from a teacher is that possible?
In reply to Chris Mavrogiorgos

by laura moreno -
I am looking to delete a submitted online assignment as well. Since this post is more than a year old... I assume it is being addressed in 2.0... In the meantime, anyone have an answer for those using 1.9?
In reply to laura moreno

by ben reynolds -
This is going to sound simplistic. I don't use this type of assignment, but I experimented with it just now.

If you change the grade back to ungraded and delete the text and save changes, the student's text remains for the student. But, the student can edit the submission, which means deleting all the current text and replacing it with at least one character.

You can also use the setting allow resubmitting.

I am trying to fathom why a teacher would want to delete a student's submission.
In reply to ben reynolds

by laura moreno -
Thanks Ben,
For your reply. My situation is a little different. I have been doing some testing on the site with fake student accounts and need to do some more. Instead of adding a number of fake accounts I'd like to keep working with the ones I have and delete their entry. I've tried un-enrolling then re-enrolling which works great because it deletes all other information but it still remembers the assignment that was submitted. I'd like to start with a clean slate when it goes live.
In reply to laura moreno

by ben reynolds -
Hi Laura,
Oh, I think you want to read the documentation on "reset" a course. We don't use reset, but I think I remember that it wipes all kinds of stuff out of the course.

Whether out of the database, I don't know.