Two simple questions?

Two simple questions?

by Jeff Wood -
Number of replies: 2

1. Is it possible to backup an activity (resource - e.g. lesson) from a course to use in another course? E.g I have a great "lesson" built for my class and another teacher would like only that item

2. How the heck do you insert multiple images into a forum posting?

E.g.

Text of some kind

cool pix

more text

another pix

Hope I didn't miss the answers previously posted blush

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff Wood

Re: Two simple questions?

by Przemyslaw Stencel -
  1. If you have only one lesson in your course, then it's easy - while creating the backup, choose only lessons to be processed. If you have more lessons, then it's a little more complicated: create a backup of the lessons only, create a dummy course, restore the backup into it, delete all the unnecessary lessons and backup the dummy course. I know it's a little awkward, but maybe one day it'll be easier smile

2. If you are the teacher, simply upload the images into the "files" area of the course and then use the "insert image" button (the little picture with a mountain) to insert the images where you want them. It's trickier if you are a student (at least until the Document Management System (DMS) becomes a reality). You have to upload the images onto any web-accessible server and then use the "insert image" button. If you (as a student) can't publish the pictures anywhere on the web, a workaround would be to split the messages into two posts.
Hope this helps,
Przemek
In reply to Przemyslaw Stencel

Re: Two simple questions?

by Jeff Wood -

Przemek,

Yes it did... tnx.

I was hoping for an easier way to copy one item from a course... but your fix will work fine.

DMS - I cannot wait!

Jeff