problem with spans

problem with spans

by Ulrike Albers -
Number of replies: 5

Hallo,

I use multilang span, but now I have some problems that might be related to spans used for style: 

for example, the option "force download" doesn't work anymore (I saw this is a style realted to a span).

In a text, all languages got mixed up until I eliminated all other spans used for style (for example, I replaced the style by "strong")....

Could anybody help me with this triste ???

Thank you.........

Ulrike

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ulrike Albers

Re: problem with spans

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
IIRC, the Multilang filter does not support nested <span>'s. So you can't use <span> tags inside multilang <span> block sad Might this explain your problems?
In reply to David Mudrák

by Ulrike Albers -

Ok, yes of course it does...thank you !

But Moodle uses spans for all kind of things, so does this mean that there will be lots of functions and options that won't work ?

Do you think that if "force download" doesn't work, it is because it's using a span attribute ?

Thanks again if you have any answer !!!

Ulrike

In reply to Ulrike Albers

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
> does this mean that there will be lots of functions and options that won't work

I don't think so. Multilang filter applies on the created content only and the content is under your control (well, almost wink)

> Do you think that if "force download" doesn't work, it is because it's using a span attribute ?

Hmm thoughtful I haven't checked how force download is implemented. If it just adds HTTP header "Content-Type: application/force-download" to the server reply (as it probably does), the HTML itself should not break it. So I guess your problem with force download does not relate to the issue with nested span's in Multilang filter. Does force download work if you disable Multilang filter? Does it work if you do not use nested <span>'s ?
In reply to David Mudrák

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
There was a bug in 1.9.x that broke forcedownload. I fixed it at the end of last week, so tomorrows weekly build should have it working.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Ulrike Albers -

Well that's absolutely incredible !!! grand sourire grand sourire grand sourire

Thank you both for you answers and for Moodle !

Ulrike