Installation error - Line 50 Parse Error

Installation error - Line 50 Parse Error

by Mark Haskins -
Number of replies: 1

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /home/sites/deirainternational.com/public_html/moodle/auth/email/auth.php on line 50

Why oh why?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Haskins

Re: Installation error - Line 50 Parse Error

by Richard Enison -
MH,
  1. What version of PHP are you using, and exactly what version of Moodle (e.g. I'm running 1.9.1+ build of May 28, 2008, but my exact version is 2007101513); look in your main Moodle folder (directory) for version.php; open it in a text editor (on a PC use Wordpad not Notepad) and look for the line that begins $version = . See this FAQ.
  2. This looks like http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=102377#p452100. That was a glitch that only occurred in Moodle 1.9.2 before roughly July 31, 2008, and only with PHP4, which is why I asked for those two versions. This may or may not be the same kind of problem, but to find out it is necessary to be able to look at the source code of auth/email/auth.php for the same exact version that you have, which is why we need to know that version. Or you could attach a copy of auth.php (make sure it's the one from the email folder!)
RLE