Roleplays?

Re: Roleplays?

by Jamie Wills -
Number of replies: 0
Role playing is where people or characters are put into a situation to see how they would react or cope. Some courses and teachers prefer this method to try and get students to have active participation, for example a PD/H/PE class may be separated into groups and each group has to figure out how to say no to drugs or alcohol in a peer pressure situation.

Role playing also has a textual format used in some web forums. The two main categories for this is literate role playing and semi-literate role playing. Literate role playing often requires the role player to write as if writing a book and is often done in present tense. Semi-literate role playing is more basic and doesn't demand much in paragraphing, literacy, grammatical correctness or size. The major difference in literate and semi-literate role playing is the way actions and thoughts are shown. The basics for a role play is often to have a character, to have someone else to RP with you and to have a setting or situation.

Example:
(Semi literate): -Sits down and drinks-
*Sits down and drinks*
(Literate): She sat down on the lush green grass, took a small sip from her metal flask filled with water as she pondered what would become of her future.

Role playing has also advanced into realms of gaming. Internet based MMORPG (Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Games) take into consideration on what your character does and how they react to certain people, situations or environments (such an example is World of Warcraft). There are also 'table top' role playing games where you role play your character in person with other people in real life (such as Dungeons and Dragons).

That's as rounded and basic as I could think to keep it guys, sorry if it seemed to ramble a bit, if you have any more questions on role playing just ask me. I'll either know the answer, know someone else who knows the answer or know where to find the answer.

The Emperor protects,
MissFortune.