New and Modified Blocks – Testers Wanted

New and Modified Blocks – Testers Wanted

by Fernando Oliveira -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Plugin developers

Hello,
A quick announcement to let people know that the latest MoodleFN code is available for download here.  It includes the following  (12) new or modified blocks: 

• My Menu
  • Most Active Courses
  • Online Users
  • Course Links
  • Teacher Tools
  • Random Gallery Photo
  • Participants
  • Admin
  • Announcements
  • My Courses
  • Remote RSS Feeds - Centre Block
  • Upcoming Events - Centre Block

Screenshots and descriptions of these blocks and other customizations can be seen here (PDF document - note that this doc has a "landscape" page layout... if you're using Adobe Reader 8, click on View > Rotate View > Clockwise).

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Best,

Fernando

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fernando Oliveira

Re: New and Modified Blocks – Testers Wanted

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Fernando - Are these in CONTRIB? Do you want to take advantage of CONTRIB. If so, check out Development:Guidelines_for_contributed_code and let me know if you have any questions. Peace - Anthony
In reply to Anthony Borrow

by Fernando Oliveira -

Thanks Anthony,

I submitted an "issue" in the CONTRIB section of the tracker. Looking forward to hearing from you.

Fernando

In reply to Fernando Oliveira

by Heather P -
Hi
what is MoodleFN?
Thanks
In reply to Heather P

Re: New and Modified Blocks – MoodleFN

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Heather,

I notice Fernando has added the latest MoodleFN code to the modules and plugins database here: MoodleFN Customisations (It seems the download link in Fernando's post is incorrect.)

In reply to Heather P

by Fernando Oliveira -

Hi Heather,

The MoodleFN project was the result of an effort by a handful of educators (me included), who work in First Nations (Indigenous) schools, to modify Moodle according to our local needs.  This all started with Moodle 1.4 (if I remember correctly) and while Moodle has taken huge strides since that time, we’ve kept the project inching along by continuing to add features that we find useful (thanks to funding by K-Net – www.knet.ca ).  While we seek out the input and involvement of educators and administrators working in First Nations education at any level, this is actually quite a small project with very limited funding. On the development front, our story is akin to the Wizard of Oz… that is, behind the curtain I manage the project, create the design work (i.e.  interface mock-ups & functionality flowcharts -if I can call it that!), and test the code.  For the most part, Mike Churchward (http://www.oktech.ca/) has been the wizard that we rely on to bring things to life with his coding magic).  This PFD document should provide a pretty good description of the MoodleFN customisations.

BTW: While this project aims to help meet the eLearning needs of First Nations schools and communities, we also welcome the interest and involvement of the Moodle community in general.

Hope this background helps,

Fernando