Embedding Google gadgets

Embedding Google gadgets

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Here is a random Google gadget embedded in a forum post:

Many more are in the Gadget directory. If you come up with any good educational scenarios using these let us know!

Note that you need to have the "moodle/site:trustcontent" capability enabled for your role if you want to do this sort of thing in your own sites (it's off by default in all versions of Moodle for security).
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Embedding Google gadgets

by Bob Kaehms -
Great idea. I noticed these after observing Cristina Berisso's online math classes, where she provides here own virtual calculator to support her instruction.

The one concern I have is in their stability. I found a wonderful google gaget graphing calculator a while back that disappeared after a couple of weeks.
Not sure where it went, but would be tough to build a class around a tool like that, only to have them come and go.

http://eastbayschools.net/examples/calculator
In reply to Bob Kaehms

Re: Embedding Google gadgets

by Marc Grober -
You can save the code yourself, which then makes it more reliable, at least as reliable as the net.... Of course, I have stack of old 500 meg harddrives with software on them - LOL