Using Feedback for Teacher Response

Using Feedback for Teacher Response

by Stan Moore -
Number of replies: 9
We are looking for a way to do a "Professor Course Evaluation" using Feedback. We would like the professor to answer a series of questions about the class and students, that is, the professor answers the questions (which are not seen by the students). Can this be done in "Feedback" or is there some other way to do this?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stan Moore

Re: Using Feedback for Teacher Response

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi,

you can hide feedbacks for different users with grouping (available since moodle 1.8.x). You could put the teachers into a special teacher-group and this group in a grouping. Then you can set the grouping options in the edit-area of the feedback. If the teachers have the editingteacher role so you have to override the role for this feedback.

Andreas
In reply to Andreas Grabs

by Stan Moore -
Andreas,

Thanks for the reply. I did as you suggested but obviously have missed something. I created a group for the professor and overrode the"Feedback" to allow the professor to have full privileges. I still do not see where the professor can complete the Feedback. Other suggestions?

Stan
In reply to Stan Moore

by Andreas Grabs -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Hi Stan,

first you have to create a grouping for your group and switch the feedback settings to only show this for the created grouping.
Than you have to modify the teacher-role settings for this feedback as below:
- mod/feedback:complete - allow
- mod/feedback:edititems - denied

I hope it helps.
Andreas

by Stan Moore -
Andreas,

We are working with 1.8.3 which does not have the grouping feature. I will see if we can upload the most recent version. Aside from upgrading, do you have any other suggestions for capturing feedback from a professor about his/her own class that is not seen by students?

Thanks,
Stan
In reply to Stan Moore

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Stan,

you can hide the feedback. So only teachers can see this.

Andreas

by Stan Moore -
Andreas,

Even though I am using version 1.8.3 do you still think I can have a feedback that the professor can complete? I have created groups in my version, but I have been unable to find a way for the teacher of the course to take the feedback.

Thanks,
Stan
In reply to Stan Moore

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Stan,

you have to switch the role-settings for the special instance of your feedback in your course.
  • Go to the feedback and click "Update this Feedback".
  • Click "Override permissions" (on the tab-row above)
  • Click on the editingteacher role
  • Select "Allow" on the first row "Complete a feedback"
  • Select "Prevent" on the row "Edit items"

Now only teachers can see this feedback, because it is hidden and they can fill out this feedback because the permissions are changed.

Andreas

by Stan Moore -
Andreas,

Thanks for your continued suggestions. After making the modifications you suggested, I am still not able to answer the feedback. Perhaps we need to update our version of Moodle? Thanks.

Stan
In reply to Stan Moore

by Andreas Grabs -
Hi Stan,

did you test it as admin or as teacher? The settings will only work for teachers.

Andreas