Critical Peer Reviews

Critical Peer Reviews

by Howard Miller -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I have had a request from a course leader to investigate the possibility of performing Critacl Peer Reviews within Moodle.

In case it isn't clear what this means (and it wasn't to me!) the idea is that essays or similar produced by participants (probably in Word) are somehow made visible to all other participants for comment/discussion.

I can't see an easy or elagant way to do this. Any thoughts?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Howard Miller

Re: Critical Peer Reviews

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Have you seen the Peer Graded Assignment module in the latest versions? (You can try it out in the "Demo 103" course on this site if you want).

Also the new "workshop" module: http://moodle.org/mod/choice/view.php?id=286

Both of these are by Ray Kingdon, and have a lot of overlap ... I believe he's thinking about merging them at some point.

(this forum is probably not the best for this topic)

Cheers,
Martin
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Ahh... how new a version of Moodle?

Or failing that, is the module available to retro-fit to an existing installation?

In reply to Howard Miller

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
It's still beta, really. No guarantees for compatibility with 1.0.8.1 but you could try copying mod/pgassignment, lang/en/pgassignment.php and lang/en/help/pgassignment out of a recent nightly. Make sure you have backups. 1.0.9 (which will probably include this module as standard) is still a month or so away.

The current nightlies seem quite stable, so you could also upgrade the whole site to the latest nightly and get all the good new features at the same time (everything on that list is in the nightlies). Bug reports and patches most welcome.