How to Set Front Page Roles to Everyone?

How to Set Front Page Roles to Everyone?

by Ameerah Lewis -
Number of replies: 4
I would like my front page roles set so that whenever I post an update to the news forum everyone receives an email.

I thought that was a default for the past month and realized that people have not been receiving the emails because none of them are considered to be students of the front page and therefore are not enrolled in the forum (though I clicked forced enrollment).

Even when I set the default role for the front page to student, when I check to see which students are enrolled, the number still says 0. I can add students manually, but that means that I will have to hunt through all of the students that have ever been registered for any class and pick out the ones who still are registered by hand. I would also have to go in and add new people by hand as they register for classes.

So, I am wondering if there is a simpler way to do this. How do I set my front page roles so that everyone who is currently enrolled in the school is automatically a student of the front page?

Thanks in advance!
Ameerah
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ameerah Lewis

Re: How to Set Front Page Roles to Everyone?

by Nigel Osborne -
I'm having the same problem. Does anyone have an answer?
In reply to Ameerah Lewis

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

If the default front page role is set to student in Site Administration > Front Page > Front Page settings, then everyone should receive email copies of site news posts. If not, then it may be a bug. What version of Moodle are you using?
In reply to Helen Foster

by Nigel Osborne -

Helen, thanks for the reply. I'm using ver 1.8.

"Site Administration > Front Page > Front Page settings" doesn't have an option anywhere to set the default front page role (or any other role).

In reply to Nigel Osborne

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Nigel,

As you've found, the default front page role setting is not in Moodle 1.8. Please see the Roles FAQ for instructions on how to enable logged-in users to participate in front page activities in Moodle 1.8.