Brackets in Moodle 1.9.2+ (Build: 20080730)

Brackets in Moodle 1.9.2+ (Build: 20080730)

by Dave Winter -
Number of replies: 21
Have issue with wikis when we upgraded to 1.9.2+ (Build: 20080730) to cover security flaws. There are now extra brackets around many wiki fields. Functionality is still there no lost data but this is very off putting.Any ideas welcome.
wiki

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Winter

Re: Brackets in Moodle 1.9.2+ (Build: 20080730)

by Dave Winter -
Have had no replies is there any one who might have an idea about how to return to the unbracketed formatting of this wiki.
In reply to Dave Winter

Re: Brackets in Moodle 1.9.2+ (Build: 20080730)

by Ellen Marie Murphy -
We have the exact same problem, so I'm hoping someone knows. If we figure out a solution, I'll let you know.
In reply to Ellen Marie Murphy

Svar: Re: Brackets in Moodle 1.9.2+ (Build: 20080730)

by Peter Lissenko -
Hi! It looks that you language file is missing. The brackets indicate that all you see is the PHP string.
/Peter
In reply to Peter Lissenko

Re: Svar: Re: Brackets in Moodle 1.9.2+ (Build: 20080730)

by Dave Winter -
Thanks Peter I will try to add the language file and add it then we will see how we get on. Will Post as soon as have an outcome.
Dave
In reply to Peter Lissenko

by Dave Winter -
That has solved the issue for us strangely I found a wiki.php~ in our en_uft8 folder and a wiki.php. I renamed the wiki.php to wikiold.php and took the tilda ~ off the other file name and it is all good now. Respect to you Peter.
In reply to Dave Winter

by Mark Clarke -
Dear Dave
We are experiencing the exact double brackets wiki probs as you have, but when I look in my en and the en_uft8 folders they both have a wiki.php file in them, do you have any suggestions for us?
Cheers
Mark
In reply to Mark Clarke

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Mark,

where do you have your lang files?

* lang folder?
* mod/wiki/lang folder?
* moodledata/lang folder?

DFWikiLABS, Pigui
In reply to Jordi Piguillem

by Joe Nogosek -

Hi Pigui,

I also have this issue. My language files are in my moodle/lang/ folder. I am new to Moodle but it seems like I also have 3 different English files loaded. Is this correct? I took over this install from another administrator.

English (en) is the en pack the second English (en_us) is en_us_utf8 and the third English (en) is in the en_utf8 and cannot be uninstalled.

We are running version 1.9.2 & Wiki2.0_Moodle1.9_rev2008080401.

Thanks for the help,

Joe

In reply to Joe Nogosek

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Joe,

which lang are you using in your site? We only have en (not updated) and en_utf8, that must work.

If you are tring en_us, you can copy en_utf8 wiki.php file to the correct folder and it will work.

We also have a lang pack avaliable with other languages (fr, ca, de, fi, sv... )

DFWikiTeam, Pigui

by Joe Nogosek -

Hi Pigui

We only are using English right now.  The default language setting is English(en_us).  There was a wiki.php file in the en and en_utf8 folder.  I deleted the one in the en folder and now I have only 2 languages showing: English(en) & English(en_us) The Wiki.php file resides in the en_utf8 folder.  The en folder is now empty. 

thanks,

Joe

In reply to Joe Nogosek

by Joe Nogosek -

Hi Pigui,

I forgot to mention that I still have the double brackets showing up on my pages.

Joe

In reply to Joe Nogosek

by Jordi Piguillem -
Hi Joe,

so moving en_utf8 wiki.php file to en_us folder, it must work.

DFWikiLABS, Pigui

by Joe Nogosek -

Hi Pigui,

I do not have an en_us folder.  Only en and en_utf8.  I moved the wiki.php file to the en folder and the brackets were still there. 

Thanks for your continued help,

Joe

In reply to Joe Nogosek

by Jordi Piguillem -
Sorry, en_us_utf8 folder. It must be at moodle/lang or (more probably) at moodledata/lang.

DFWikiLabs, Pigui

by Joe Nogosek -

Hi Pigui,

Under the Moodle/lang folder is only the en_utf8 folder and the wiki.php file is in there.  I do not have a en_us_utf8 folder.  I wish I knew how/what they installed Moodle here, originally.  I know they originally installed 1.7 version then upgraded to 1.9.2.  Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Joe

In reply to Joe Nogosek

by Joe Nogosek -

Hi Pigui,

I finally got rid of the brackets.  It seems that the wiki.php file was not upgraded during the installation.  I checked the size and creation date between the server and the downloaded zip file and they did not match.  So I copied the one wiki.php file to the lang/en and the other to the lang/en_us folder and the brackets disappeared.

Thanks for all your suggestions,

Joe

by Mark Clarke -
Hi Pigui!
Both 'en' and 'en_utf8' are in moodle/lang
In reply to Mark Clarke

by Dave Winter -
Mark is there the wiki.php file in both of those folders ? This is what maybe bringing up the double brackets.
In reply to Dave Winter

by Mark Clarke -
yes there is, what do I do about it?!

by Mark Clarke -
Hi Pigui!
Both 'en' and 'en_utf8' are in moodle/lang
In reply to Mark Clarke

by Jordi Piguillem -
Are these wiki.php file our wiki.php files?

Can you try to download our nwiki and uncompress only lang folder into your moodle installation? It must work.

DFWikiLabs, Pigui