Cannot Backup Course - "Continue" button is missing

Cannot Backup Course - "Continue" button is missing

by Chad Enderle -
Number of replies: 7
I'm not sure if anyone has run into this problem or not; I did not see any posts pertaining to this issue so if there are I'm sorry and could someone please direct me to where that would be. Anyway, I am running version 1.9.1+. When anyone tries to backup any course from within the course under the Administration section, it shows all the options of what to backup but there is no "Continue" button at the bottom of the page to perform the actual backup. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if something in my site is hosed. If anyone has any input I would greatly appreciate it. I'm still trying to figure a lot of this out since I'm pretty new at it. Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chad Enderle

Re: Cannot Backup Course - "Continue" button is missing

by michael steffens -
I have a similar problem, I can back up all but one of my courses fine, so I do not think that the moodlelib.php is messed up. Can any one help?

Thank you

ps

With debuging on for this one course I get the following..

Include Quizzes with user data
Notice: Undefined offset: 294 in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/mod/quiz/backuplib.php on line 166

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/mod/quiz/backuplib.php on line 166

Notice: Undefined offset: 296 in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/mod/quiz/backuplib.php on line 166

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/mod/quiz/backuplib.php on line 166

Notice: Undefined offset: 297 in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/mod/quiz/backuplib.php on line 166

Notice: Undefined offset: 299 in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/mod/quiz/backuplib.php on line 166

Notice: Undefined offset: 300 in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/mod/quiz/backuplib.php on line 166

Notice: Undefined offset: 301 in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/mod/quiz/backuplib.php on line 166

Notice: Undefined offset: 302 in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/mod/quiz/backuplib.php on line 166

Notice: Undefined offset: 304 in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/mod/quiz/backuplib.php on line 166

Notice: Undefined offset: 305 in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/mod/quiz/backuplib.php on line 166

Notice: Undefined property: stdClass::$id in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/mod/quiz/backuplib.php on line 150
Column 'old_id' cannot be null

INSERT INTO mdl_backup_ids ( BACKUP_CODE, TABLE_NAME, OLD_ID, NEW_ID, INFO ) VALUES ( 1223479887, 'question_categories', null, 0, 's:0:"";' )
  • line 1554 of lib/dmllib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 481 of backup/lib.php: call to insert_record()
  • line 150 of mod/quiz/backuplib.php: call to backup_putid()
  • line 501 of mod/quiz/backuplib.php: call to quiz_insert_category_and_question_ids()
  • line 179 of backup/backup_check.html: call to quiz_check_backup_mods()
  • line 133 of backup/backup.php: call to include_once()

Notice: Undefined index: in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/question/backuplib.php on line 499

Fatal error: Call to a member function get_question_options() on a non-object in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/www/Maritime/question/backuplib.php on line 499

But I am not getting this with any other courses.

Mike Steffens
In reply to michael steffens

by Mari Cruz García -
Hello Michael,

I am having myself problems with the backup option but for all the courses, and in my case, I believe that it is a problem of permissions in the server.

Since it is only one course I would zip all the files manually and move them manually (Off course, you may need to move all the labels as well).

It seems that it is giving you problems with 1 Quiz. Can you export the questions in the quizz to another course?

Regards
In reply to Chad Enderle

by Chad Enderle -
Russ,

Thanks for the information. That worked for me as well! I just replaced the file and things are back up and running.

In reply to Chad Enderle

by Blair F. -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I'm having this same issue in both our production and our test environment. When I uncheck the quizzes, everything runs fine, but I cannot include the quizzes (and there are many!). Since it's in both environments, I would be surprised if it were a corrupt php file.
In reply to Blair F.

by Peter Kupfer -

Did you ever find an answer to the quizzes not backing up issue? I'm running into that problem now, but I think it is because I am using some new questiosn types, because that is the only thing that has changed since this started happening.

Thanks,

Peter

In reply to Blair F.

by Guillermo Madero -

Indeed, quizes seem to be quite problematic, as far as the backup process is concerned sad