Unable to login as administrator

Unable to login as administrator

by Shaping Outcomes -
Number of replies: 2
Hello all.

We are currently using 1.5.3, and I am going to begin upgrading incrementally today. I went to our moodle site, and I cannot seem to login. I'm using the correct login and password, so that's not the problem. The moodle IS installed on the server as is moodledata, so that's not the problem, at least as far as I can tell. I did a backup last week to prepare for the upgrades, but I only saved data to the hard drive; I didn't do anything to the folders on the site.

I am getting this message at the bottom of the moodle page after I try to login (and I've tried repeatedly; just brings me back to the main page):
------------

Warning: Unknown(): write failed: Disk quota exceeded (122) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/home/www/shapingoutcomes/moodledata/sessions) in Unknown on line 0

--------------

Might this be a problem with my server and not the moodle? I'm relatively new to all of this, and up until now, my experience with the moodle has been just adding courses and editing here and there. I've not had to do anything drastic.

TIA for any help.

Brie
Shaping Outcomes
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Shaping Outcomes

Re: Unable to login as administrator

by Peter Bloomfield -
Looks like you have run out of storage space on your server. Whenever you login to Moodle (or pretty much any site), it needs to 'remember' your user data for as long as you are logged-in. It does this by storing it on the hard disk, but it seems you have exceeded your allowed space, so it can't store that information.

What kind of server do you have? Is it being run by your institution, or is it a commercial host of some kind?
In reply to Peter Bloomfield

Re: Unable to login as administrator

by Shaping Outcomes -
Thanks, Peter. I was afraid of that.

We have a commercial host. I will call today and see what we can do about space.

Thanks again,
Brie