Insert javascript how to

Insert javascript how to

by Chris Gribble -
Number of replies: 2
I was wondering if anyone could point me to or help to insert a menu with dropdowns that I wanted to put into moodle. I have created this using fireworks so I have been left with a range of files.

This includes a
  • js file.
  • html file
  • several image files
My question is what steps are required to use this using the html editor? Is there a script that is commonly used ie. like inserting a swf file?

What directory should they be put into? Basically I am after a complete newbies how to guide.

Thanks
Chris

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Gribble

Re: Insert javascript how to

by Sandy Warner -

Hi Chris

I am a newbie and novice to Moodle, so if this is wrong, please forgive.  However I did get this html code to work on the front page in embedding a swf file.  Note, I opened a new label and inserted this code as a flash graphic into the label and without text. 

The only problem is that I cant seem to get the same code to work on other pages except the Front Page.

sandy

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252" />
<p align="center"><font face="Arial">
  <object id="obj1" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,40,0" height="130" width="325" border="0" classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11CF-96B8-444553540000"><param value="file:///C:/Documents and Settings/admin/My Documents/My Pictures/Photos/School/WelcomeSchool.swf" name="movie" /><param value="High" name="quality" />
  </object></font></p>

In reply to Sandy Warner

Re: Insert javascript how to

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi there. If you go to site admin>modules>filters>multimedia plugins and enable swf filter (and others if you wish) then you can go to your label in wysiwyg mode, tap in a couple of blank spaces, select them with your mouse and then go to the hyperlink icon in the toolbar (the chain) and link to your swf file that you've already uploaded. Then save your label and your image or whatver it is will appear.