Theme Color Picker Utility

Theme Color Picker Utility

by Joyce Smith -
Number of replies: 3
Hi all 'theme' designers !

Just found a great little 'free' utility for testing all those
wonderful colours we see on sites , but can never quite figure out the guy made them ! For example, I have this loaded at the moment and its telling me that the background colour on this page ( not the text area, is FFEECE , if I move my mouse to the
header it shows FEBF3E (don't know if that is spot on mind you ?)
Anyway , here it is

Product: Color Picker: Introduction

Color Picker is a small (100 x 50 pixel on screen) utility to let you find out the RGB Hex Code of the color of anywhere of you screen. This is especially useful if you are writing HTML web page or want to paint a picture with a specific color.
Some review said that "Hopefully you've a good short-term memory, because unlike most other utilities of this type, the program doesn't let you copy the code to the Clipboard for pasting into your HTML editor."
But actually, this is our uniqueness. With this feature, the RGB hexadecimal code of the color could be obtained with just only a mouse move! It is no need to press any key or to click the mouse. This would enable you work faster and boost your productivity. However, we are doing our best to satisfy all the people. Therefore, since version 1.9, we've added that function. Just press "F11"
Source:
Color Picker"
happy 'themeing !
cheers
Joyce
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joyce Smith

Re: Theme Color Picker Utility

by Stuart Young -
that link to a colour picker is broken

personally I recommend Colorpic, a tiny free app from iconico.com

http://www.iconico.com/colorpic

for all your screen colour picking and grabbing needs, with a great magnifier

cheers
In reply to Joyce Smith

Re: Theme Color Picker Utility

by Jeffery Watkins -
Another good resource for this is an extension for Mozilla Firefox called ColorZilla.  You can find it here.

Love those extensions...

JeffZilla