Timer and scores

Timer and scores

by Raju Rao -
Number of replies: 2
Hi

I use Moodle version 1.8.1 .A basic question... In the quiz module ...
while updating we can set the time limit .. what are the units mins or secs ?

The test I give is for continuous period of 4 hrs as it supposed to replicate a mock exam for certification of same time limit .

After students save and submit .... we get a zero after they complete the full 4 hrs .Ideally if they do not click submit and finish the quiz should take whatever has been answered and report as a score and quiz should also close automatically .This is not happenning .

I tried as a test by lgging as a fictious student for shorter periods and when I save and submit it does report the scores .no problem . So why does it not work when the time is extend to 4 hrs ?

In the earlier version which I was using (1.6) the whole quiz was working perfectly .

I also do not clearly understand some of the statements below taken from moodle docs

1)When the timer has run out, the quiz is submitted automatically with whatever answers have been filled in so far
2) If a student manages to cheat and spends more than 60 seconds over the allotted time then the quiz is automatically graded zero

I need guidance and help here .Looking forward to a reply

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raju Rao

Re: Timer and scores

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
At first site this sounds like the problem of the Moodle login session timout being shorter than the quiz time limit.

By the way, in later versions of Moodle it has been made clear that the time limit is specified in minutes.
In reply to Tim Hunt

Re: Timer and scores

by Raju Rao -
Tim,

Thanks for this reply as well as the earlier reply ( which I had not seen then but saw it later ).

Let me try it out with the session time out settings and see .