Hi Jon & Martin,
- Is the DMS going to be in v1.4 Final??
- Will the renaming of files cause links to break?
- Will it be the central repository for all uploaded content /resources/images/etc..??
- As Martin said, no.
- No, it won't. In fact files are stored on the server using "randomly" generated filenames which are practically impossible for humans to use (and what's more important, to guess!) and the "file name" you see is just an illusion to aid humans. Renaming a file in the DMS will only change this "virtual" filename, and not the actual filename on disk. So no problems there.
- It could be, and I personally would like it to become that. But it's not ready for prime time yet. Mainly it needs a more complete feature list, and most of it are things that I 'd like to see some support for into the Moodle core before trying to "roll my own".