Not able to reach "Resources" & "Activities" post v1.3.1 upgrade to v1.4.

Not able to reach "Resources" & "Activities" post v1.3.1 upgrade to v1.4.

by W Page -
Number of replies: 5
Hello!

I upgraded a v1.3.1 site to v1.4 Dev. Oops!

Actually the install went well, however, I am having the following subsequent problems,

When I turn topics on for the HomePage, I get the following type of error message in the area the "Topic" should be in,

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: print_section_add_menus() in /homepages/22/d12345678/htdocs/moodle/index.php on line 195

/moodle/index.php [line 195 in bold]
if ($editing) {
print_section_add_menus($site, $section->section, $modnames);
}
print_simple_box_end();
print_spacer(10);
}

When I turn on editing in a course I get the following type of eror message in the center table within the first or "0" center block and none of the other Topics will show after,

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: print_section_add_menus() in /homepages/22/d12345678/htdocs/moodle/course/format/topics/format.php on line 118

/moodle/course/format/topics/format.php [line 118 in bold]
if (isediting($course->id)) {
print_section_add_menus($course, $section, $modnames);
}

The same for the "Weeks" format.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: print_section_add_menus() in /homepages/22/d12345678/htdocs/moodle/course/format/weeks/format.php on line 107

/moodle/course/format/weeks/format.php .[line 107 in bold]
if (isediting($course->id)) {
print_section_add_menus($course, $section, $modnames);
}

How can I get rid of these problems?

WP1
Average of ratings: -
In reply to W Page

Re: Not able to reach "Resources" & "Activities" post v1.3.1 upgrade to v1.4.

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
You haven't upgraded moodle/lib yet.  You must upgrade the whole lot at once.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by W Page -
Hi Martin,

Thanks for responding.

I did another upgrade this am.
cvs upgrade -dP

Now I see a normal looking blank Topic area on the HomePage but when I turn on editing I get the same error codes in the  resources and activities dropdown menu area.  I am able to edit the upper portion of the Topic area.

I also get the same errors in the Topics and Weeks format on the course page noted above.

A partial fix.

Anything else I can do to get this completely corrected??

WP1
In reply to W Page

by W Page -
Hello!

Can anyone please help me with this upgrade problem.  I have updated twice after this problem started.  Both "CVS" updates went on without any problems.  I have also FTPed the entire "lib" directory to the site with the subsequent partial results noted above.

What else can I do to get rid of this problem?

WP1
In reply to W Page

by W Page -
Hello All!

Trying to keep this "live".  I have not been able to correct this problem despite uploading a fresh  "lib" directory as suggested by Martin.

Can someone give me explicit instructions as to what files in the "lib" directory may be causing this and what I need to do to correct this?

Thanks in advance.

WP1
In reply to W Page

Still need help with this install problem (Previously: Re: Not able to reach "Resources" & "Activities" post v1.3.1 upgrade to v1.4.)

by W Page -
Still need help with this install problem

WP1