Lesson page bank

Lesson page bank

by Marty Jacobs -
Number of replies: 3
I think it would be a good idea to have a 'Lesson page bank' that allowed you to re-use pages across different lessons in a course without duplicating content. I'm aware that in the near future you will be able to use questions from your quiz question bank in Lessons, but this improvement will not stop the unnecessary duplication of content.

Anyone else think this is a good idea? If I'm not alone in this thought, I'll add a new feature request to the issue tracker.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marty Jacobs

Re: Lesson page bank

by Nicola Beddall -
I agree! excellent idea, something I could do with now, been making changes to lessons and breaking them up into small 'chunks' but then I have to re-write the pages in another lesson! so annoying!
In reply to Marty Jacobs

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Hi Marty,
Not alone at all.

Any ideas how jumps would work, or what a default setting would be for them? Do we want both question pages and branch pages?

Maybe little check boxes next to the titles of each page (branch and/or question pages) in collapsed view.

I was thinking more of being able to export and import branch pages like a GIFT file. That way it would be possible to cut and paste pages outside of Moodle, then insert those or other bits of pieces at any point in the lesson. Don't know how Question bank handles images, but I would settle as a starting point, just some text format that could be exported and imported, just like questions in a Lesson.

What is the tracker number evil

Best Chris

In reply to Chris Collman

by Jestin VanScoyoc -
Actually with 1.9 you can use GIFT format for importing questions which has made lesson much easier for me. If the lesson module would allow the new description question -- like a branch table -- we'd be all set for doing "swappable" pages.