Complex Question

Complex Question

by n - -
Number of replies: 1
Hello! Please help me with this one smile

I want the learner to begin the Lesson by listening to a sound file.

The learner would then answer 7 multiple choice questions and one essay question, each based on that sound file.

I would like all the questions to appear at the same time, on the same page as the link to the sound file.

Upon completion of that Lesson, I would like the option of linking to another similar Lesson.

One very important point would be viewing the results/statistics for the responses.

I would hope that learners could see how their responses compared with those of others.

How can I set this up?

Thank you!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to n -

Re: Complex Question

by ben reynolds -
Hi,
You don't say why you want all the questions to show up on one page, but, as I'm supervising the building of a music theory course, I'm guessing that you want users to be able to play the sound file over and over again.

As far as I know, it isn't possible to make multiple lesson questions appear on one page. sad

BUT, if you put the sound file link in a page that opens a second window, then tell users to keep the window open, you can present one question at a time and users can play the sound file as often as they wish.

To link to second lesson, you need to go to lesson settings, create a dependency for the second lesson based on completion of the first, then go to the first lesson and set the jump at the end of the lesson to go to the second lesson.

Setting the jump depends on the second lesson already existing! So, you will need to create a second lesson *before* you can set the jump in the first. (Hint: create the second lesson with minimal content beyond a title or something.)

About the statistics, you would need to investigate permissions (maybe permissions overrides) for a lesson. The statistics are available to the teacher n the lesson's "Reports" tab. I don't know how to share those statistics with students. John Isner, who is very active on Using Moodle, is an expert to contact about how to set up permissions. If, indeed, it is possible to do.