basic features not found in moodle

basic features not found in moodle

by Evgeny Orsky -
Number of replies: 1
Hi All,

I'm using the moodle quiz component and I think that some basic features are missing.

(1) If the user doesn't have attempts history he can't see the questions of the quiz after deadline has passed.

(2) There is no possibility to postpone the quiz deadline to specific user.

(3) Subquestions (parentid != 0) are not displayed in the question bank.

(4) In the calculated type questions formulas aren't evaluated inside the question body.
(a={b}+{c} results in a=1+2 and not a=3)

Please tell me:
- If some of these features exists in the moodle.
- If some of these features are in the development stage.
-If there are external components with these features (question type like the calculated type with 4 feature above)

If none of the above, how to start developing these.

Thank you very much,
Evgeny

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Evgeny Orsky

Re: basic features not found in moodle

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
1) You are right. Perhaps tell the students this in advance, to encourage them to do the quiz. You could choose to view this as a punishment for lazy students.

2) You are right. There are work-arounds such as re-opening the quiz while adding a password that you only give to one student. This is a moderately common feature request, so it might happen one day. The trouble is that it would be quite a big job, becuase you would need a whole lot of user-interface for administering the per-user (and probably per-group) access rules.

3) Well, sub-questions are not really questions. They are just part of another question. It is really only an internal implementation detail that the some of the data for the main question is stored in the mdl_question table in the database.

4) I expect Pierre will answer this.