Moodle Wiki drops images

Moodle Wiki drops images

by Robert Hufsky -
Number of replies: 3
I am running moodle 1.9.2.+ (Build: 20080827) on Ubuntu hardy heron and I can not display images in a wiki:
  • I create a wiki with binary files enabled.
  • On a wiki page I insert an image, using the wysiwyg editor. (I upload the image first and then select it).
  • The image is displayed in the editor, fine.
  • When saving the wiki page the image is NOT displayed in the resulting page. Instead of the image, the string I entered as alternate text is displayed.
  • When I reopen the editor, the image is displayed again so at least it is not lost.
  • When I save the wiki page, the image is replaced by its alt text.
It looks like that something inside the rendering decides to suppress the image for no appearant reason (no error message, no warning)
  • The image is a *.png file.
  • I am using Firefox 3.0.1 for Mac OS X
I fiddled around with a number of parameters such as having no camelcaps inside the file name.

Has anybody an idea? Maybe i did something wrong.

Kind regards

Robert
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Hufsky

Re: Moodle Wiki drops images

by Christian Roth -
Hi Robert,

I had the same problem untill I've disabled camelcaps for the whole WIKI. I don't know why - but now it works.

Hope, I could help you.

Christian

In reply to Christian Roth

by Robert Hufsky -
Thanks a lot.

That sounds interesting. In the "old" eWiki, disabling Camelcaps linking did not change the behaviour of camelcaps, at least not the way I expected.

But, in one case I tried to insert a Hyperlink to an external site and that hyperlink contained a lot of camelcaps which were intercepted by moodle and thus the link did not work.

So it seems disabling camelcaps might help in this kind of situation.

Anyway, I switched to nwiki which seems to be more stable in that regard and I am perfectly happy that way

kind regards

Robert
In reply to Robert Hufsky

by Robert Hufsky -
Oh,

I found a solution. I just installed Nwiki. Not only I now know some of the differences, between eWiki and Nwiki, also Nwiki seems to handle images graciously.

regards

Robert