Lesson repeat

Lesson repeat

by Rainer Schöttl -
Number of replies: 5
Hello there!

I created a course containing lessons. For various reasons I set the lesson repeat option to "no", so that participants can work through a particular lesson only once. In the end, I worked through it myself in student mode to make sure it works and check the look&feel.

So now I cannot repeat the lesson myself! When I demonstrate the features of this lesson in live-seminars I would like to show it as students would see it. Can I set a lesson so that students can work through only once, but administrators or teachers can do so repeatedly? Or is there a way to erase the "record" individually so that a repeat is manually permitted case by case?

Thanks!
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rainer Schöttl

Re: Lesson repeat

by Michael Penney -
Not case by case, no, that would be a nice feature. You could though backup the coruse with the lesson in it, and restore it into a new course (or just import the lesson into a new course), in the new course, set repeat to yes for your demo.

by Michael Penney -
Not case by case, no, that would be a nice feature. You could though backup the coruse with the lesson in it, and restore it into a new course (or just import the lesson into a new course), in the new course, set repeat to yes for your demo.
In reply to Michael Penney

by Rainer Schöttl -
If I were to change the setting and permit the repetition of a lesson, then everybody who is signed in could also repeat it, I suppose.

I wonder where moodle stores the data that a student has worked therough a lesson and if it could be manipulated there?

Another solution I thought of would be to just set up a different user account, since I am also administrator. Would that work?

by Adam Northenscold -

Creating a new user prior to the seminar, and then deleting that user afterward would seem to be the least technical way of accomplishing what you are looking for. 

In reply to Adam Northenscold

by Chris Collman -
Picture of Documentation writers
Adam's suggestion is the way I do it because we like to demo a sample quiz. I have a standard student. Before we demonstrate how the course is being run, I enroll the student. After the demo I un-enroll the student. If I enroll the student again, (for a second demo to the same class) Moodle thinks they are taking the quiz for the first time.

In something like demo.moodle , the restore a course method is used. Forums and some other activities can be tricky when a student is un-enrolled after making entries.

Lots of ways to do it.

Happy New Year ! Chris