Students can't see uploade assignment essays sent by professor

Students can't see uploade assignment essays sent by professor

by Warren Linds -
Number of replies: 2
Here is a strange one. I use Advance Uploading of Assignments and allow up to 3 documents. I download the student document, mark it and upload it (click on grade and upload in the pane, then save changes and there the document is listed). The problem is the students can't see the new document in their moodle. All they can see is the original!

Now, when I try to replicate it (and ourmoodle administrator does the same thing) as a student, I can see the uploaded new document!

But I have doublechecked this over and over again with different students' accounts and each time I cannot see the new document!

Any advice most welcome as this is an important aspect of my use of moodle for my courses.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Warren Linds

Re: Students can't see uploade assignment essays sent by professor

by Warren Linds -
The moodle administrator figured it out. There has to be some text in the comments box in order for students to be able to access their marked assignments. Is this a bug in version 1.9.2? Any fixes? (I don't normally type comments in the comment box -- all comments are on the paper -- that is the point of using mark up text!
In reply to Warren Linds

Re: Students can't see uploade assignment essays sent by professor

by Ellen Marie Murphy -
We have the same problem, except that instructors actually have to assign a grade before students can access the documents the instructor returns. I'm wondering, also, if this is a bug. I don't remember this being a problem in 1.8.