Email from Forums bug

Email from Forums bug

by Ted O'Neill -
Number of replies: 2
Hi,

Over on the Moodle Bug tracker, my school is encountering a serious problem. Anybody else out there?

Description: If the forum set in 'Subscriptions not allowed' mode user still can see subscription menu when posting (adding discussion or replying) and get subscribed on it. It can get unsubscribed only during another post then.

Having to unsubscribe each time a user posts is just not workable. We've got so many users that they cannot all be taught this workaround. Even experienced Moodlers might forget when doing a quick post and find themselves subscribed again. In my case that could mean a couple hundred emails in a day and night. Many users at my school redirect email to cellphones, so the deluge is a very real problem.

Link to the bug:
http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-14558
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ted O'Neill

Re: Email from Forums bug

by Jit San Chia -
In the profile editing page, there's a field "Forum auto-subscribe". Get users to change it to "No: don't automatically subscribe me to forums". Or you can do it for everyone with a sql statement if you have access to the database.
In reply to Jit San Chia

Re: Email from Forums bug

by Richard MacLemale -
I'm having the same issue as the original poster, and for my participants, they're set to NOT be subscribed already. Moodle is STILL spamming them. The forum is set to not allow subscriptions, it does not have a subscribe link, users are already set to NOT subscribe, and the forum is STILL spamming people. Huge issue for us.