Dragmath error log

Dragmath error log

by Jean-Pierre Pawlak -
Number of replies: 10
I found these error messages in my logs:

[Wed Sep 10 02:43:41 2008] [error] [client ***] File does not exist: /.../lib/editor/htmlarea/plugins/DragMath/applet/classes/META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
[Wed Sep 10 02:43:38 2008] [error] [client ***] File does not exist: /***/lib/editor/htmlarea/plugins/DragMath/applet/classes/META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
[Wed Sep 10 02:43:38 2008] [error] [client ***] File does not exist:
/***/htmlarea/plugins/DragMath/applet/classes/META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory
[Wed Sep 10 02:43:35 2008] [error] [client ***] File does not exist:
/***/lib/editor/htmlarea/plugins/DragMath/applet/classes/lib/jep.jar
[Wed Sep 10 02:43:35 2008] [error] [client ***] File does not exist: /***/lib/editor/htmlarea/plugins/DragMath/applet/classes/lib/jep.jar
[Wed Sep 10 02:43:35 2008] [error] [client ***] File does not exist: /***/lib/editor/htmlarea/plugins/DragMath/applet/classes/lib/jdom.jar
[Wed Sep 10 02:43:35 2008] [error] [client ***] File does not exist: /***/lib/editor/htmlarea/plugins/DragMath/applet/classes/lib/jdom.jar
[Wed Sep 10 02:43:34 2008] [error] [client ***] File does not exist: /***/lib/editor/htmlarea/plugins/DragMath/applet/classes/lib/AbsoluteLayout.jar
[Wed Sep 10 02:43:34 2008] [error] [client ***] File does not exist: /***/lib/editor/htmlarea/plugins/DragMath/applet/classes/lib/AbsoluteLayout.jar
[Wed Sep 10 02:43:34 2008] [error] [client ***] File does not exist: /***/lib/editor/htmlarea/plugins/DragMath/applet/classes/lib/swing-layout-1.0.jar
[Wed Sep 10 02:43:34 2008] [error] [client ***] File does not exist: /***/lib/editor/htmlarea/plugins/DragMath/applet/classes/lib/swing-layout-1.0.jar

Should I worry?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jean-Pierre Pawlak

Re: Dragmath error log

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Maybe Alex and Chris in http://www.dragmath.bham.ac.uk/ should check the code of their files...

There are no folders and files inside the folders

DragMath/applet/classes/lib/ and DragMath/applet/classes/META-INF/services/

and although it does not seem to cause trouble for the applet itself it is not nice to fill error logs with unnecessary error messages...

To get rid of most error messages I copied those 4 files from classes folder to a new folder classes/lib but

DragMath/applet/classes/META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory

can't be copied because it does not exist...

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Marc Grober -
MK,

I posted this to the dragmath project on sourceforge for chris, alex et al.
There is a new version out by the way https://sourceforge.net/forum/forum.php?forum_id=852013 and I will be looking at updating the Moodle CVS with this.... when I do I will look at adding all these extra files to see if that impacts usage.

Are you using 0.7.3 or 0.7.2 for your experimentation?
In reply to Marc Grober

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Both versions give the errors - I guess Dragmath has given them for a long time (as long as we have had it). Probably Alex and Chris have different file and folder structure on their demo server and have not noticed it before.

That "second lib" must jump in from some Dragmath applet files - paths in moodle integration files are correct.

In reply to Marc Grober

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Marc, this is an old thread but it has not been solved so can you contact Chris or Alex and ask about possible reason or changes to code of Dragmath.

I still keep getting to error log lots of lines:

[Sat May 23 14:01:16 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/xampp/htdocs/moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/lib
[Sat May 23 14:01:16 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] File does not exist: C:/xampp/htdocs/moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/META-INF

and to access log lines:

127.0.0.1 - - [23/May/2009:14:01:16 +0300] "GET /moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/lib/swing-layout-1.0.jar HTTP/1.1" 404 1120
127.0.0.1 - - [23/May/2009:14:01:16 +0300] "GET /moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/lib/AbsoluteLayout.jar HTTP/1.1" 404 1120
127.0.0.1 - - [23/May/2009:14:01:16 +0300] "GET /moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/lib/jdom.jar HTTP/1.1" 404 1120
127.0.0.1 - - [23/May/2009:14:01:16 +0300] "GET /moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/lib/jep.jar HTTP/1.1" 404 1120
127.0.0.1 - - [23/May/2009:14:01:16 +0300] "GET /moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory HTTP/1.1" 404 1120

For example in Draglatex plugin applet I have

codebase="<?php echo $CFG->wwwroot.'/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes' ?>" code="Display/MainApplet.class" archive="Project.jar,AbsoluteLayout.jar,swing-layout-1.0.jar,jdom.jar,jep.jar"

which should be correct and the following files are found

127.0.0.1 - - [23/May/2009:14:01:15 +0300] "GET /moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/Project.jar HTTP/1.1" 304 -
127.0.0.1 - - [23/May/2009:14:01:16 +0300] "GET /moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/AbsoluteLayout.jar HTTP/1.1" 304 -
127.0.0.1 - - [23/May/2009:14:01:16 +0300] "GET /moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/swing-layout-1.0.jar HTTP/1.1" 304 -
127.0.0.1 - - [23/May/2009:14:01:16 +0300] "GET /moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/jdom.jar HTTP/1.1" 304 -
127.0.0.1 - - [23/May/2009:14:01:16 +0300] "GET /moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/jep.jar HTTP/1.1" 304 -
127.0.0.1 - - [23/May/2009:14:01:16 +0300] "GET /moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/lang/en.xml HTTP/1.1" 304 -
127.0.0.1 - - [23/May/2009:14:01:17 +0300] "GET /moodle/lib/editor/common/dragmath2/applet/classes/formats/Latex.xml HTTP/1.1" 304 -

so it looks like the applet keeps looking swing-layout-1.0.jar, AbsoluteLayout.jar, jdom.jar, jep.jar from two different locations + tries to find META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory although it does not exist.

by Christopher Sangwin -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Mauno,

Alex has made some changes and created a new release 0.7.8.  Perhaps you'd like to look at it?

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=201862

Chris

In reply to Christopher Sangwin

by Mauno Korpelainen -

The latest changes seem to be fixing most error log path issues in the coming version 0.7.8.1 - http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-19656

Thank You Chris and Alex! 

by Marc Grober -
If Alex does a 0.7.8.2 to resolve the SAXParserFactory issue I will do a new zip, but the question remains whether I should leave files where they are or move the dragmath folder to /lib/dragmath (as Mauno has SEE files in /lib/common/dragmath, which was agreed location prior to petr relocating for moodle 2)

I don't want to get things too confusing so that is why I thought of putting dragmath (and asciimath) one level up eg. /lib/dragmath and /lib/asciimath) but no matter what I want them to be consistent with SEE locations.....

So, Mauno, do you want to move them in SEE, or should I just create new zips with both directories in /lib/common which would arguably remain the standard for 1.9.x??

To look at it from the other direction, if we are going to be encouraging folk to download a SEE package for 1.9.x that includes dragmath and asciimath, should that be rigged so that all files are also usable by htmlarea?
In reply to Marc Grober

by Mauno Korpelainen -
I'm not sure - maybe it's better to keep the files there where they are now and if you need to move or delete some files just say it with 36pt wink

The latest change in Dragmath moved folder HotEqn one step up (parent directory). If codebase is correct for each plugin when you upgrade it should not matter if some files are duplicates of old files in another folder as long as new files are found from correct place. Upgrading from moodle 1.9 to moodle 2.0 may be a new experience because the file structures are so different and almost everything changes when we jump from 1.9 to 2.0...

SEE is still "\alpha\beta" so path changes won't cause trouble for many people but I suppose Dragmath is already widely used and all big changes should probably be well documented to avoid confusion and amazed moodlers sending posts to Mathematics Tools forum.

Both David's ASCIISVG graph plugin and my tinymce plugins should be rewritten for HTMLArea... but why not... during the coming months...

However - I think I will check my TODO list for tinymce and AM.js first ( was it 3 weeks ago when I made some update ? People should not have holidays - they get lazy... big grin )

by Marc Grober -
I just looked at dragmath quickly, and I think something like this in dlg_ins_dragmath.php is the only change that might need to be done so as to move dragmath to /lib/DragMath with absolute link to new library location for 1.9.x ....

$urlforcodebase = $CFG->wwwroot.'/lib/DragMath/applet/classes';
<applet
width=540 height=300
archive="Project.jar,AbsoluteLayout.jar,swing-layout-1.0.jar,jdom.jar,jep.jar"
code="Display.MainApplet.class"
codebase='<?php echo $urlforcodebase ?>'
name="dragmath">
<param name=language value="en">
<param name=outputFormat value="MoodleTex">
<param name=showOutputToolBar value="false">
To use this page you need a Java-enabled browser.
Download the latest Java plug-in from
<a> href="http://www.java.com">Java.com</a>
</applet >

and I could just as easily set to /lib/common/Dragmath, but I would rather someone downloading SEE not to end up with multiple installs of dragmath and asciimath.

Problem I see are along the lines where may be fiddling a file that is not in fact being sourced because he has multiple installs....
In reply to Marc Grober

by Mauno Korpelainen -
Most files have changed folder in the latest version - Alex emailed two versions for testing this error log issue and they worked perfectly well, both of them, so this log issue will be fixed in the next version of Dragmath.

Folder classes does not exist in the latest version so you will need to change codebase to

$urlforcodebase = $CFG->wwwroot.'/lib/DragMath/applet';

Clean cache/browser history before testing...

Attached the file structure of 0.7.7.1 and chkjre version of 0.7.8.1
Attachment folders.gif