Grading paperwork in Moodle 1.9.2?

Grading paperwork in Moodle 1.9.2?

by Jaap Marsman -
Number of replies: 4
I would like to publish grades in Moodle which I've done in paper. It would be really helpful if this could be done as an activity or in a seperate course. That way Moodle can automatically calculate the grades.

However all solutions I come up with require a student to submit something, which they've already done (although it is on paper). I know it isn't really LMS-like to work this way, but is there anyone who's found a solution for this?
In reply to Jaap Marsman

Re: Grading paperwork in Moodle 1.9.2?

by A. T. Wyatt -
Greetings, Jaap!

I have always used offline assignments for this, because I prefer entering my grades through the assignment grading interface. But you can also enter grades directly in the 1.9 gradebook.

There is a lot of information in the gradebook section of the documentation wiki for moodle 1.9, if you haven't already seen it yet. We are working on adding more.
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Gradebook

atw
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Jaap Marsman -
Hi,

Oops... reading the documentation helps. smile Thanks a lot!

Now I have this weird bug... on my local install, I can do it all without a problem. However, on my online installation of Moodle, when I try to add Categories / Items, nothing happens.

I've reverted all the changes I made to Moodle and still it won't work. And the grader stops working on courses above 52, as I mentioned in another thread. Apart from that, my entire installation is running smoothly. Do you have any idea what might trigger this kind of reaction?
In reply to A. T. Wyatt

by Marc Grober -
In digging about with the new gradebook it looked like what I once had to do (create an offline assignment that went with, for exampler, a web page with instuctions for an assignment) could now be achived otherwise because resources appeared in the gradebook, so one could apply a grade to the resource...... Am I correct in this??
In reply to Marc Grober

by A. T. Wyatt -
You are losing me with "apply a grade to a resource". I don't see how you can do that since a resource (file, link, webpage, textpage, etc.) is not interactive and has never been reported to the gradebook so far as I know.

I must not be understanding you at all! Try again?

atw