Resizing the scrolling bar(frame).

Resizing the scrolling bar(frame).

by Sreelakshmi Rao -
Number of replies: 4

Sir,

I am a regular moodle user, have setup a moodle site also.

The problem is about when i upload a resource of type html text, and when i open it with IE6, the right scrolling bar will scroll throughout the window, and I want to resize it to scroll with in the content that i have uploaded like you have done it in your www.moodle.org site, reference http://moodle.org/mod/resource/view.php?id=52. resource.

To do this where should I edit and if you provide the code for it it would be of great help.

Thanking you,

Your's faithfully,

sreekrao

E-mail:sreelakshmikrao@yahoo.com

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sreelakshmi Rao

Re: Resizing the scrolling bar(frame).

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I don't quite understand what you mean.   The scroll bar is added by the browser only when scrolling is necessary .... there's not much you can do about it ...
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Sreelakshmi Rao -

Thanks for your reply Martin.

Sorry for asking a confusing question. Actually what I meant was is it possible to divide a HTML resource into two frames where the top frame which contains the navigational links and jump to block should be static and the bottom frame which contains the contents uploaded by the HTML editor should be scrolling depending on the content as you have done it in your  main moodle site http://moodle.org/mod/resource/view.php?id=52.

Regards

In reply to Sreelakshmi Rao

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In Moodle 1.3 and earlier you do this by adding a "Web page" or an "Uploaded file" type of resource, then linking to a HTML file.

In Moodle 1.4 you just add a "Link to a file or web site" and you'll see an option for using a frame or not.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Sreelakshmi Rao -

Thanks for reply Martin.

It worked fine!

And thanks for all the members who tried to help me.

Regards