Bug in LaTeX filter?

Bug in LaTeX filter?

by Steven McKay -
Number of replies: 2
We recently upgraded from 1.6.4 to 1.9.2. This is our department server that runs the pretest along with other things. The pretest is a multiple choice test with question written with the liberal use of double dollar signs. I started to get complaints recently from our students about questions that were not rendered correctly. When I investigated, I found that whenever Yes was present inside a latex expression, the renderer would choke. For example, when I write a quiz question like this: (I seem to be having trouble adding pics to my post - sorry for the link)

The question renders like this:

If the latex expression has Yes in it, I get this problem. I realize that it may be a problem with my theme (chameleon) as well, but the problem only happens in latex.

Note that it *only* seems to happen with Yes. It doesn't happen with (x) or (z) or even ( y ).

Have you seen this before? Should I fill out a bug report?

Thanks,
S.M.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steven McKay

Ang: Bug in LaTeX filter?

by Morten Brydensholt -

Steven,

It's not a bug in LaTeX.

From the admin menu go to Appearance->HTML-editor and remove the emoticons you don't want to interfere with the LaTeX filter:

We have had problems with "( y )" and "( n )" and "(  )".

Best regards
Morten

In reply to Morten Brydensholt

Re: Ang: Bug in LaTeX filter?

by Steven McKay -
Wow.

I noticed in my post that everytime I tried to use left parens y right parens that it converted it in the post as well smile I should have seen that.
Thanks for your response.

Question: Is this something new in 1.9 (1.8, 1.7)? because the problems worked in 1.6.

Thanks,
S.M.