sharing resources between schools

sharing resources between schools

by tom mcdonald -
Number of replies: 2
can teachers at different schools but in the same local authority share teaching resources in Moodle? Could they do this if say one was using Moodle and the other Fronter?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to tom mcdonald

Re: sharing resources between schools

by Matt Gibson -
Yes, in several ways (Moodle to Moodle).
  1. Make a link between your moodles with moodle networking so that teachers from school A can sign on the school B, then allow them access to your courses with som sort of non-editing observer role. They can then download stuff or selectively backup the course to gain copies of your materials which they can unzip later.
  2. Make a course specifically for teachers to collaborate in, (again, use Moodle networking) where everyone is a teacher and all can upload/download/change things.
  3. Use Don hinkelman's upcoming sharing cart to grab copies of other people's resources as in 1. (in development right now)
Not sure about Fronter (I assume your LEA is providing it as an option to other schools the same here in London). I've not been able to find out much from their cagey and often under-informed sales reps, so if you find anything out about interoperability, I'd love to know.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Matt Gibson

Re: sharing resources between schools

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Thanks, Matt, for sharing the word on the upcoming Sharing Cart for Moodle 1.9. The beta version is on schedule for viewing on September 10. And yes, it will first enable easy collecting and sharing of teaching resources within your Moodle site and eventually with other Moodle sites/schools in your Moodle Network.