Group Features in Log Viewing

Group Features in Log Viewing

by Mike Churchward -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I have attached a zip file containing code that modifies the log review feature to use the course's group settings.

The new functions are:
  1. If groups are set to visible, you can select the group you wish to look at, or all groups.
  2. If groups are set to separate, and you are an administrator or editing teacher, you can select a group to look at.
  3. If groups are set to separate, and you are a non-editing teacher, you can only see results from your group and cannot select a group.
  4. If there are no groups, you can't select a group.
To use it, replace your existing '/course/log.php' with the file enclosed. Copy the two functions in the 'lib(replacements).php' file into your '/course/lib.php' file, replacing the corresponding functions there. Make sure you make backups of your original files before doing this.

If this makes sense, I'd love to see it put into the main branch.

mike
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Churchward

Re: Group Features in Log Viewing

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Sounds great!  Go for it (you have editing rights there).   Just be careful to not overwrite some of the recent changes in that area that add viewing of site errors (based on Penny Leach's work).
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Group Features in Log Viewing

by Mike Churchward -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Done.

I added it to the changes already there for site errors.

mike